Febrile Seizuresis written by the most active researchers and clinicians in epilepsy research today. This book presents the latest developments in this field as well as the current state of knowledge in the following:
* New imaging tools and emerging data, visualizing effects of febrile seizures on the brain
* New genetic methodologies
* The use of animal models to permit scientific analysis of the electrophysiology and molecular biology of the seizure.
* First book on febrile seizures in over 20 years!
* Broad spectrum of approaches, from genetic and epidemiological to bench research using animal models and in vitro single-cell patch-clamp methods
* Comprehensive update of the topic, written by world leaders in the field
* Novel and newly discovered information based on up-to the minute methods
* Engaging style, accessible to the clinician, researcher, and educated parent