Felix Reville Brunot, 1820-1898; A Civilian In The War For The Union, President Of The First Board…

Paperback | January 10, 2012

byCharles Lewis Slattery

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1901. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... CHAPTER IV MRS. BRUNOT'S WORKS OF MERCY MRS. BRUNOT always shared Mr. Brunot's work, and after the beginning of his long illness she did all she could to maintain the various interests for which he would have toiled had he been able. But in addition to all this, Mrs. Brunot had independent work of her own; in which, however, Mr. Brunot always heartily cooperated. Never, certainly, were two lives more closely bound together. One Easter Mrs. Brunot laid a bright Easter card on Mr. Brunot's plate at breakfast. "He was so grieved," Mrs. Brunot afterwards wrote, "that he could find none to please himself for me; and he took his card to his room and wrote these sweet lines on the back of the card: ' Take back the picture, with my poor refrain-- (The pretty card I found upon my plate); 'Twas yours, 'tis mine, 'twas mine, 'tis yours again, Love's Easter greeting, yours and mine, my mate. "The gilded thorn stems twisted to a cross Leafless and bare, but wreathed in living flowers, Tell oflife's story with its pain, its loss, Its weary moments and its golden hours. "O Lord of life! thy servants teach to live. So near the Cross our dying song shall be,-- In the sweet hope Thy love alone can give,-- The Easter song of triumph learned of Thee." These quickly written verses tell the long story of their single-hearted life together. And the story could be told in many forms; as, for instance, when Mrs. Brunot wrote playfully to him: " I personally helped to clean your room, and at night did take so much comfort in seeing all so nice, and a nice drop light just made to fit your chandelier; so I do hope you will have more comfort in reading. But I did not destroy a paper, and tried to put everything just where it was. Certainly love for you is the only incentive to such a hard j...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1901. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... CHAPTER IV MRS. BRUNOT'S WORKS OF MERCY MRS. BRUNOT always shared Mr. Brunot's work, and after the beginning of his long illness she ...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:70 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.15 inPublished:January 10, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217474489

ISBN - 13:9780217474481

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Felix Reville Brunot, 1820-1898; A Civilian In The War For The Union, President Of The First Board Of Indian Commissioners

Reviews