BECAUSE YOUR MONEY BELONGS IN YOUR WALLET.
What do you do as a consumer when you disagree with a bill or a service charge you're asked to pay? When faced with a mysterious charge, unexpected or unfair fees, or a poor quality product or service, you've got a choice. You can roll over and part with your hard-earned money or you can fight back.
Consumer advocate Ellen Roseman takes you through the most common problems you may encounter with your everyday banking, credit, telecom, travel and retail transactions. She tells you how to detect corporate tricks, how to resolve your complaints and how to get your money back.
You'll learn how to avoid falling into consumer traps, how to get the best service from the companies you deal with and how to say goodbye to the companies that don't treat you well. With real-life stories, examples and contributions from specialists on a variety of topics, Fight Back
- Banking: Get the best rates on savings and mortgages, and avoid service charges and penalties
- Credit issues: Get mistakes off your credit report, improve your credit score and get the best credit card rates
- Telecom: Tame your bills or even cancel them by breaking free from the big companies
- Travel: Avoid trip-wrecking disputes with airlines, hotels, car rentals, cruises, travel insurance and travel rewards
- Retail: Get refunds, avoid online fraud, understand extended warranties and fight price errors
- Car and Home: Get value from your biggest purchases and guard against lemon cars, unfair leasing charges, and bad builders
- Communication: Learn the skills you need to write effective complaint letters, use social media and pursue a company in court.