From the Reviews of the First Edition:
"This is a good reference manual for multi-user facility faced with a wide variety of biological applications."
"Flow Cytometry includes an impressive array of methods applicable to chromosome analysis, plant biology, marine biology, fluorescence, insitu hybridization, and others. It succeeds in providing the reader with good insight into the power of the technology throughout biology."
- KENNETH A. AULT, MAINE CYTOMETRY RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MAINE MEDICAL CENTER, IN CANCER CELLS
Flow Cytometry, Second Edition provides a complete and comprehensive two-volume laboratory guide and reference for the use of the most current methods in flow cytometry sample preparation and analysis. These essential techniques are described in a step-by-step format, supplemented by explanatory sections and trouble-shooting tips. The methods are accessible to all researchers and students in biomedical science and biology who use flow Cytometry to separate and analyze cells.
* Comprehensive methodological coverage in unique style
* In depth treatment of procedures
* Description of each procedure's:
* Theoretical foundations
* Critical aspects
* Possible pitfalls
* Written by authors with extensive experience who:
* Developed or modified the technique
* Describe their experience with different instruments and applications to different cell systems
* Are the Who's Who in Flow Cytometry
* 10 methods cover assessment of apoptosis and other modes of cell death
* Practical, handbook-style presentation works in lab or classroom
* Printed on acid-free paper
* Color plates