byJackie Ivie

Kobo ebook | July 10, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$4.24

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

ETERNITY AT A PRICE

Bred by the western frontier, Bram Stark had been a cowboy. Gambler. Wanted man with a bounty on his head. He’s got a lot to atone for. Vampirism gave him eternity for it.        

A FREE SPIRIT

Marielle has an artistic soul. A lot of talent. A love of the paranormal. And a lot of baggage. She goes where fate takes her. Life is short.  She’s not wasting any of it.         

GAME RULES

Exploration of a hidden tunnel leads to a man claiming to be a vampire - as if they really exist.  She’s intrigued but skeptical.  He’s challenging.  The game is Stud Poker.  The stakes are high.  

...her soul. 

Title:Forsaking: Vampire Assassin League, #26Format:Kobo ebookPublished:July 10, 2015Publisher:Jackie IvieLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1939820618

ISBN - 13:9781939820617

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from "Forsaking" by Jackie Ivie. Book 26 in the Vampire Assassin League series. I read this novella in August 2015. This was my review. Such a cute story! I really enjoyed reading about Bram and Marielle. Both characters were very likable. As all the VAL books are, this story was fast paced and to the point. A perfect story for that quick romance fix. Bram is a vampire working for the Vampire Assassin League. He also happens to be a cowboy who likes to gamble now and then. He lives in the tunnels under a saloon and the last thing he expected was to meet his one true mate wandering around in his home! Marielle is an artist just trying to make a living. But when the job she takes basically ends up being a babysitting job for two teenage girls, well things couldn't get any worse. But then she finds an underground passage in the saloon where she's been restoring a sign and meets the most gorgeous man she's ever seen. Maybe her life isn't so bad. Until he says he's a vampire... Not a lot of action in this one but there was a lot of humour. And the sexual tension between Bram and Marielle during the strip poker scene was very well written. The ending of this story was really quite emotional and even though you know there's going to be a happy ending, you still can't help but feel for Bram when he's confronted with the ultimate choice. I really liked this one. Can't wait for the next one.
Date published: 2017-03-18