Free To Be Fabulous: 100 Ways To Look And Feel Younger-at 40, 50 And Beyond by Debbie HardyFree To Be Fabulous: 100 Ways To Look And Feel Younger-at 40, 50 And Beyond by Debbie Hardy

Free To Be Fabulous: 100 Ways To Look And Feel Younger-at 40, 50 And Beyond

byDebbie Hardy

Paperback | May 5, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$23.50

Earn 118 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

When you look in the mirror, do you recognize that old woman looking back at you? Aging doesn't have to mean "getting old." Our bodies, minds, and faces may change, but we can alter what they look like, how they behave, and how we feel about them.

"Free to Be Fabulous: 100 Ways to Look and Feel Younger at 40, 50, and Beyond" shows you how to turn back the clock painlessly in four areas. We'll start with Beauty and how to make the most of what God gave us. Beliefs will help us make our minds as sharp as possible and show how our attitudes determine our happiness. Then, Body will teach us how to keep everything inside working well and Behavior will help us relate to others.

It takes 21 days to change a habit, so if you alter one thing every three weeks, you can make 17 modifications in a year. Try these suggestions one at a time, and you could become a new person by your next birthday!

Debbie Hardy, the Queen of Resilience, isn't as old as she used to be. Overcoming childhood abuse, single parenting, widowhood and other difficulties, she has become CEO (Chief Encouragement Officer) of her company, Stepping Through Life. Author of Stepping Through Cancer: A Guide for the Journey and the accompanying Stepping Through C...
I Now Pronounce You . . . WHAT?!
I Now Pronounce You . . . WHAT?!

by Debbie E. Hardy

$5.39$5.99

Available for download

Not available in stores

Free to Be Fabulous: 100 Ways to Look and Feel Younger—AT 40, 50 and BEYOND
Free to Be Fabulous: 100 Ways to Look and Feel Younger—AT 40, 50 and BEYOND

by Debbie Hardy

$14.39$17.99

Available for download

Not available in stores

Title:Free To Be Fabulous: 100 Ways To Look And Feel Younger-at 40, 50 And BeyondFormat:PaperbackDimensions:222 pages, 8.5 × 5.5 × 0.68 inPublished:May 5, 2015Publisher:Morgan James PublishingLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:163047410X

ISBN - 13:9781630474102

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Free To Be Fabulous: 100 Ways To Look And Feel Younger-at 40, 50 And Beyond

Reviews

Read from the Book

I was an old lady at 39, much older than I am today. No, I'm not like Benjamin Button, the fictional character who lived his life backwards, growing from an old man to a young boy. But I really am younger than I used to be.Back then, I was unhappy in my marriage and my career, grossly overweight, insecure, and hiding from the world inside extra-large black and navy-blue garments. When I went clothes shopping (which was seldom), I would start with the last size I bought, have to try on a larger size, and go home teary-eyed and empty-handed. Makeup was minimal and I cut my own hair, which was less than flattering. I'll admit it---I was a frumpy old woman.Working at a job I hated, I also took care of a home, a husband, a teen and a preteen, and resented the fact that I didn't get to finish my college education. I didn't have, or rather didn't take, time for myself. I did just like my mother and so many other women: spent all my time and energy on everyone else and nothing on me.I had one particularly "ugly day." You know what that is: your makeup looks clownish, your hair has a mind of its own, your clothes don't fit right, and your body feels like it belongs in the hippo exhibit at the zoo. Finally, I burst into tears. My husband, ever the sensitive one, took me in his arms and asked what the problem was.Between sobs, everything spilled out in one long sentence: "My-Teeth-Stick-Out.I'm-Fat.My-Clothes-Look-Horrible.My-Hair-Is-A-Mess.I-Can't-Do-Anything-Right.And-I'm-Ugly." Then I took a breath, waiting for a supportive response. He looked me in the eye and gently replied, "But you try harder than anyone I know."Well, that was less than what I had hoped for, but at least it brought a laugh, which I really needed. His comment described what I did all the time: I tried. Didn't succeed at much of anything. Just tried.Today, I am many years older, no longer as heavy, have earned two college degrees, wear brightly-colored clothing, am an author and public speaker, am self-confident, and often feel pretty. I now look and feel fabulous and secure in who I am.What made the difference?I did the laundry. No, really, I did the laundry.As I was folding clothes one day, I held up a pair of my sturdy white cotton briefs and was transported to childhood, when my sister and I would fold the family's laundry. We held up a pair of Mom's underwear and laughed hysterically. They were HUGE! But now here I was, holding up that same huge pair of underwear. Well, not literally the same pair, but they sure looked the same and were just as big as Mom's.That was my "Aha! moment." I realized that I was becoming my mother and was thinking, acting, and looking much older than my age.

Table of Contents

Section 1: Basics

Chapter 1: BEFORE I WAS FABULOUS

Section 2: BEAUTY

Chapter 2: MAKEUP

Chapter 3: SKIN

Chapter 4: HAIR

Chapter 5: CLOTHING

Section 3: BELIEFS

Chapter 6: ATTITUDE

Chapter 7: FAITH

Chapter 8: Brain