May 27, 2003
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 039332446X
ISBN - 13: 9780393324464
From the Publisher
Our minds tell us that some things in the universe must be true. The New Physics tells us that they are not, and in the process, blurs the line between science and science fiction. Here are six accessible essays by those who walk that line, moving ever further out in discovering the patterns of nature, aimed at readers who share their fascination with the deepest mysteries of the universe.
• Richard Price: "An Introduction to Spacetime Physics"
• Stephen Hawking: "Chronology Protection"
• Igor Novikov: "Can We Change the Past?"
• Kip S. Thorne: "Speculations about the Future"
• Timothy Ferris: "On the Popularization of Science"
• Alan Lightman: "The Physicist as Novelist"
About the Author
Richard Price is a leading American physicist, known for his work in general relativity. He is currently a professor at University of Texas Brownsville.
This is story making that lifts the human spirit out of our sometimes petty terrestrial concerns and places us among the stars. — Scientific American