The Second Edition of Gene Therapy of Cancer provides crucial updates on the basic science and ongoing research in this field, examining the state of the art technology in gene therapy and its therapeutic applications to the treatment of cancer. The clinical chapters are improved to include new areas of research and more successful trials. Chapters emphasize the scientific basis of gene therapy using immune, oncogene, antisense, pro-drug activating, and drug resistance gene targets, while other chapters discuss therapeutic approaches and clinical applications. This book is a valuable reference for anyone needing to stay abreast of the latest advances in gene therapy treatment for cancer.
* Provides in-depth description of targeted systems and treatment strategies
* Explains the underlying cancer biology necessary for understanding a given therapeutic approach
* Extensively covers immune therapeutics of vaccines, cytokines, and peptide-induced responses
* Presents translational focus with emphasis on requirements for clinical implementation
* Incorporates detailed illustrations of vectors and therapeutic approaches ideal for classroom presentations and general reference