Earn 55 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Special Offer
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Susan, Esther, and Daisy started at university three weeks ago and became fast friends. Now, away from home for the first time, all three want to reinvent themselves. But in the face of hand-wringing boys, “personal experimentation,” influenza, mystery-mold, nu-chauvinism, and the willful, unwanted intrusion of “academia,” they may be lucky just to make it to spring alive. Going off to university is always a time of change and growth, but for Esther, Susan, and Daisy, things are about to get a little weird.

Giant Days Volume 1, created and written by longtime webcomic creator John Allison (Bad Machinery, Scary Go Round) and Disney artist Lissa Treiman collects the first four issues of the critically-acclaimed series from BOOM! Box.
John Allison is the writer and artist of the webcomics Bobbins, Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery. He lives in Greater Manchester.
Title:Giant Days Vol. 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:112 pages, 10.19 × 6.62 × 0.3 inPublished:December 1, 2015Publisher:BOOM! BoxLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1608867897

ISBN - 13:9781608867899

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Loved it! This graphic novel was awesome! I saw some people rave about it, and now I can see why! Esther, Susan, and Daisy are so different. They each have to teach the others how to be a little more like them. Esther is serious and usually a downer. Susan is outgoing, a little goth, and says what she thinks. Daisy is quiet but ready to try new things. This combination made for some great stories! Each of the girls had dilemmas at school, which are pretty typical to the university experience, when teens are living away from home for the first time. Susan caught the flu and had to deal with being sick by herself. Esther went a little too far when she bashed an old friend under the guise of feminism. Daisy partied too hard on the night of her eighteenth birthday. They had to deal with love and loss in just four short comics. These stories are realistic, and great for readers in university or recently graduated. I can’t wait to read more.
Date published: 2018-09-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Giant Days always brings its A-Game. Highly recommended!! Giant Days is a series that is quick, sharp and optimistic about the future. As a bonus it provides advice for students, teens who just moved out, and adults looking for some nostalgia. Plus that wonderful ability to end an issue on a happy uplifting note or at least a natural transition. This is a smart series and I highly recommend picking up any volume for a go. It's fantastic. Makes me nostalgic for both the environment and the country it's set in. England can be loads of fun with amazing people. But it feels like any other university. A place of awesome change. Note: The lead artist changes in one of the early volumes but the writing quality and new talent keep it going long after that. They get this series so right and I hope you enjoy it. Recommendations: When it comes to feel-good series, my favourites are Giant Days, Lumberjanes, and Harley Quinn. Those three balance the scales and help me tackling the harsher series after that. Looking forward to more from all three. Thanks for reading.
Date published: 2018-07-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Quirky and Fun! This was a really cute graphic novel! It reminded me of Lumberjanes but for an older audience. It revolves around three girls in college and their silly adventures. Highly recommend if you're looking for a good laugh!
Date published: 2018-02-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Okay Slice of Life Decent introduction to the characters, found a bit too much going on at times, but I'm still interested in checking out the rest of the series.
Date published: 2017-10-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! I loved this. I love the way this graphic novel is illustrated, the vibrant colours and the plot. It's such a fun story.
Date published: 2017-09-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Loved it! Loved it! Funny and sweet, this was an ode to female friendship during a time of change and discovery.
Date published: 2017-04-11
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Fun book Fun series that touches on the university experience. Cute art too.
Date published: 2017-03-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great artwork The artwork is really great in this series. The story line is interesting but not very in depth which is understandable for how short they are. Still a fun graphic novel to pick up
Date published: 2017-01-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Cute series Funny and endearing series about life in university. I didn't find the stories very deep but hoping everyone develops more over the course of the series. A quick, fun read.
Date published: 2016-11-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Loved it! I absolutely adore Giant Days - best comics out there right now. :)
Date published: 2016-11-07