In this 3 volume collection focusing on glycomics, readers will appreciate how such discoveries were made and how such methods can be applied for readers' own research efforts
Each chapter has been designed so that enough scientific background will be given in each chapter for further development of methods by readers themselves. Useful for all levels of scientists starting from the last years of colleges, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows to professors and to all levels of scientists in research institutes including industry.
From the Publisher
In this 3 volume collection focusing on glycomics, readers will appreciate how such discoveries were made and how such methods can be applied for readers' own research effortsEach chapter has been designed so that enough scientific background will be given in each chapter for further development of methods by readers themselves. Useful...
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10:0123810027
ISBN - 13:9780123810021
Preview Your Review
Your Review Has Been Submitted
Yes, I recommend this product.
No, I do not recommend this product.
Table of Contents
Section I. Glycomics
1. Mass spectrometric analysis of acidic oligosaccharides
2. Mass Spectrometric Analysis of mutant mice
3. Electrospray mass spectrometry including ESI FTICR-MS
4. Mass spectrometric data base for N-glycan and O-glycan
5. Mass spectrometric analysis of cancer-associated N-glycans.
6. Fucosylation as cancer marker
7. Development of lectin microarray for glycan profiling and its application to disease-related biomarker development
Jun Hirabayashi and Atsushi Kuno
8. Cellular glycomics and versatile applications of lectin microarray
Jul Hirabayashi and Hiroaki Tateno
9. Carbohydrate-binding protein array
Richard Cummings and David Smith
10. Detection of weak binding sugar activity using membrane-based carbohydrates
11. Binding to synthetic glycopeptides
Anne Lepannen and Richard Cummings
12. Glycan array and Malectin
13. Imaging mass spectrometry
Section II. Chemical Glycobiology
15. Self/non-self recognition
16. Multivalent ligand for CD22
Mary O'Reilly and Jim Paulson
17. Intramolecular interaction
18. Bacterial furanosides
19. 1,2-Cis glycoside of amino sugar.
20. Aminoglycoside antibiotics
21. Solid phase carbohydrate synthesis
Peter Seeberger, Steffen Eller, Markus Weishaupt
22. Novel synthesis of functional mucin glycopeptides containing both N- and O-glycans
23. Chemoenzymatic synthesis of N-glycan
24. Sialyl glycopeptides synthesis
25. Synthesis of sialosides
26. Metabolic glycosylation
27. Targeting tumors using homing peptides