The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare''s incomparable tragic play.
"To be, or not to be: that is the question"
There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare''s Hamlet. This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father''s death has captivated audiences for centuries.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare''s life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet
• Sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet
• Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge, A. C. Bradley, Maynard Mack, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...