The Handbook of Educational Policyprovides a comprehensive overview of policy questions in education reform at local, state, and national levels. The book raises controversial questions, such as who really benefits from educational reform, and investigates issues of accountability, assessment, educational fads, technology in education, and other matters of educational policy. The book explores not only what education is, but what it can be and should be, providing a scholarly analysis of policy decisions as well as practical recommendations for parents, teachers, and policy-makers.
* Provides informed discussion based on scholarly research
* Contains practical recommendations for parents, educators, and policy-makers
* Includes representation from local, state, and national levels
* Considers comparisons of United States practices to reforms abroad
* Addresses current issues and implications for the futures