This text reference provides state-of-the-art information on juvenile firesetters and reviews the current research on youthful firesetters and arsonists. The work illustrates methods of fire scene investigation and assessment relating to child-parent and family factors. This information is then used to prescribe interventions with the individual along with community-wide programs. The work also provides current information on fire safety education and curricula, with explicit training materials. Finally, the book addresses the need for residential treatment centers and training schools on methods for handling firesetting youth and maintaining a fire safe environment.
* Presents a multidisciplinary approach
* Describes and illusrates current tools and techniques
* Includes materials encouraging both fire safety and mental health intervention
* Contributors are nationally known experts in their field
* Covers a full range of topics - content has both depth and breadth