No doctor can ever understand your body as well as you. And from understanding comes the self-awareness and responsible self-care that produces long-lasting good health. To help you take charge of your body's well-being, clinical nutritionist Adele Puhn, author of the New York Times bestseller The 5-Day Miracle Diet, has written this comprehensive guide to the sources of--and remedies for--many, perhaps all, of your health problems. An abused digestive tract allows toxins and bacteria to leak through its weakened walls into the bloodstream and wreak havoc throughout the body. An overtaxed liver, unable to perform its vital filtering and metabolic functions, leaves the body toxic and vulnerable.
Healing from the Inside Out tells you how to heal these conditions and repair the damage they have caused in all parts of the body--featuring more than fifty fully detailed and carefully structured preventive and rescue regimens--wholesome diets, appropriate potencies of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbal remedies, and more--all designed to heal and invigorate the body.
- Gastro-intestinal tract: Crohn's disease, colitis, ulcers, gallbladder disease, hiatal hernia, irritable bowl syndrome
- Heart and circulation: angina, arrhythmia, high cholesterol, hypertension
- Muscles, joints, and skeleton: chronic back pain, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin and hair: dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis
- Endocrine system: hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, kidney stones, diabetes
- Emotions: depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, stress, hyperactivity
- Breathing: asthma, chronic bronchitis, sinusitis
And much more, including case histories and a guide to complementary heath organizations.