Highland Secrets: Dragon Lore, #1

byAnn Gimpel

Kobo ebook | September 7, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$3.72

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

Furious and weary, Angus Shea wants out, but he can’t stop the magic powering his visions. The Celts kidnapped him when he wasn’t much more than a boy and forced him to do their bidding. He’s sick of them and their endless assignments, but they wiped his memories, and he has no idea where he came from.

Arianrhod prefers to work alone, mostly because she harbors a dirty little secret. She’s not exactly a virgin, and she’d be laughed out of the Pantheon if the truth surfaced. Despite the complications of leading a double life, she’s never found a lover who tempted her to walk away from her fellow Celtic gods.

That comes to a crashing halt when she meets Angus in Fire Mountain, the dragons’ home world. Attraction ignites, hot and so urgent Arianrhod’s carefully balanced life teeters on the brink of discovery. Angus is everything she’s ever wanted, but he’s far too close to her Celtic kin to keep her secret safe. Angus wants her too, but she’s a Celt. He’s hated them forever, and she’s part of everything he’s lain awake nights plotting to escape from.

Title:Highland Secrets: Dragon Lore, #1Format:Kobo ebookPublished:September 7, 2015Publisher:Ann Gimpel Books, LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1943849056

ISBN - 13:9781943849055

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Fantastic Oh wow what a great new paranormal series. It's got dragons, selkies, gods, mages. And more! Angus was taken at a young age and had his memory erased. All he wants now is his memories back and his freedom. Both he thinks will never come. He has been sent on a mission to add a female young dragon. Arianrhod is a goddess but she us tried of the way her life has worked out. I have got to see this looks be great start to an awesome new series and I can't wait to see what Ann Gimpel has planned for us! Book gifted for an honest review and I honestly loved.
Date published: 2015-10-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Dragons, Celtic Gods, Selkies... What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, love, sex & adventure! I received this book directly from Ann & I read it in one day. The story is about Angus & Arianrhod both of whom are tasked to solve mysteries involving dragons. Angus is tasked with helping Eletea since she killed a dragon shifter mage. Arianrhod is tasked with finding out about missing dragons that were bonded with dragon shifter mages. Along the way, Arianrhod helps Angus discover who he is as a portion of his past was blocked from him by Celtic Gods. Angus & Arianrhod fall in love, but Arianrhod is the Celtic goddess--the Virgin Hunter, and she is not supposed to have any relations with men. The story is well written with lots of adventure. A love story is expected, but it has the twist that Angus & Arianrhod cannot be together. The story ends with a cliffhanger, which leaves you wanting more. This is another can't miss series.
Date published: 2015-10-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from fvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvg]' I received this book directly from Ann & I read it in one day. The story is about Angus & Arianrhod both of whom are tasked to solve mysteries involving dragons. Angus is tasked with helping Eletea since she killed a dragon shifter mage. Arianrhod is tasked with finding out about missing dragons that were bonded with dragon shifter mages. Along the way, Arianrhod helps Angus discover who he is as a portion of his past was blocked from him by Celtic Gods. Angus & Arianrhod fall in love, but Arianrhod is the Celtic goddess--the Virgin Hunter, and she is not supposed to have any relations with men. The story is well written with lots of adventure. A love story is expected, but it has the twist that Angus & Arianrhod cannot be together. The story ends with a cliffhanger, which leaves you wanting more. This is another can't miss series.
Date published: 2015-10-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Great Beginning to This New Series I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review of Highland Secrets (Dragon Lore Book 1, The Prequel. I really enjoyed this story and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. This is a story about ancient and modern celtic mythology with the interaction of some of the gods and goddesses, along with dragon shifters and Angus Shea. Angus's identity was stolen from him when he was a child. To get it back he is given jobs by the gods-goddess with a promise that after they feel he has paid his dues he will get his memory back. While working with the Celtic Goddess, Arianrhood, the Virgin Hunter, he discovers who he is and his family. They have been partnered to solve the disappearance of the dragon shifters. They are attracted to each other, will they give in to this attraction or not. Ann's ability to bring her story to life through her description of the people, places and events makes the story more enjoyable. Ann has done an excellent job with Book 1, the Prequel of Highland Secrets. I highly recommend this book and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Date published: 2015-10-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Fabulous Ann Gimpel gives us a beautiful paranormal kick off to this series. Gotta love the fact there are Gods, Selkies and Dragons!!
Date published: 2015-10-03