$13.95 list price save 11%
Earn 62 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

Ships within 1-3 weeks

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Our hapless heroine Hatsumi's romantic woes are put on hold (only momentarily, though) to provide ample time for her little sister Akane to experience the sweet sting of teenage love herself. She's tried flirting, she's tried being rude, but no matter how hard she works at it, Akane just doesn't seem capable of getting shy (and dorky) and cute (but still dorky) Subaru to come clean about his feelings. Will a box of Valentine's Day chocolate bring these two mixed-up kids together, or will Subaru forsake the look of love and watch Gundam reruns instead? Later, Ryoki gets some shocking news from his father and learns more than he wanted to know about his parents' tawdry past -- as well as their tangled relations with Hatsumi's and Azusa's folks too! All this and more in Miki Aihara's Hot Gimmick -- one of the most talkedabout shôjo manga from Japan!
Title:Hot Gimmick, Vol. 9Format:PaperbackDimensions:192 pages, 7.5 × 5 × 0.6 inPublished:July 13, 2005Publisher:VIZ Media LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1591168457

ISBN - 13:9781591168454

Appropriate for ages: 16

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Wish it was longer! I wish the story just went on and on! I was sad when I'd finished reading it. I had to order it one book at a time, and I was so frusterated because I would get the volume, immediately sit down with it and read the whole thing in one sitting, then I'd have to wait until I had more money to spare on books, then order the next volume and wait for it to come (about a 3 or 4 day wait) then do the same thing. When I finally had all of the volumes possible, I sat down with ALL of them and read them all over again as one long story. I wish it had just kept going on and on! It was one of the best mangas I've read in a long time, other than Beauty Pop which is my absolute favorite.
Date published: 2008-06-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Exciting I'm glad I ordered the whole series altogether because it was such a serious page turner that I ended up finishing the whole series in just a few days. The story was really interesting especially because there was so many characters involved and it examined all of their lives. There are so many twists in the story and thats what kept me wanting to find out what will happen next. I also loved the bright funky colours of the front covers! The only downside of this series is that it should've been longer as it lacked some character development especially that of the main protagonist and her boyfriend but I guess its hard to fit the lives of so many characters into just 12 volumes. Overall though I thought this was an interesting read and I recommend it to others!
Date published: 2008-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Hot Gimmick is the New Black If I could summarize Hot Gimmick in one word besides "awesome", it would have to be: addictive. In all honesty, this is undoubtedly in my top three manga series of all time. Wonderful art accentuates an exciting story filled with so many twists, turns, and kinks, that you'll be kept guessing until the last page of the final volume. This series never disappoints, weaving an intricate web of love, lust, betrayal, and loyalty throughout all twelve volumes. It's very hard to properly review Hot Gimmick, because most words don't come close to anything reminiscent of one that describes how fantastic this series is. I once read a review that stated, "Hot Gimmick practically screams, 'My angst is bigger than yours!'", and it rings quite true. The main character, one Narita Hatsumi, faces all the trials and tribulations of teenaged life and then some, providing readers with a more than healthy dose of teen angst. Aside from the overall story and plotline being far more than satisfying, the translation of Hot Gimmmick is spot on, to say the least. Very few, if any, grammatical errors appear in the text of all twelve volumes, and North American teen slang is incorporated into the dialogue to make the story far more believable than some other manga you might find out there. Aside from dialogue being translated, all signs, writing, sound effects, etc. are also dubbed, which is quite helpful and relieving for the reader. In short, Hot Gimmick is a well-put together series with interesting characters, beautiful art, and great dialogue that will have you crying, giggling, guessing, and switching allegiances until the final chapter. A must-read for any closet-case-kink manga fan.
Date published: 2006-10-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Awsome Series! This is one of those mangas that gets you hooked right away. The storyline is fast-paced and engrossing, you will find yourself sympathsising with the characters and sitting on the edge of your seat as the next plot twist is revealed. An awsome series with an original and quirky storyline and nice art. Must read, must buy.
Date published: 2006-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This is as good as it gets for manga fans What is so wonderful about this is just how complicated all the characters and their relationships are. There is so much high-tension, so many different characters, with personalities that aren't strained or forced. What else makes this manga so appealing? The fact that THIS "shoujo" manga (which i'll describe simply as being made for girls, mostly) actually has males itching for the next releases too. The artwork, storyline, drama, and tension, soical mores... and not to mention sexual frustration - are all there, and then some! This is NOT some silly little romantic story where everything goes right. It is about the trials and tribulations of a girl, her family, and the people who surround her. It is about falling in love and having your heart broken again and again, and surviving in that world that highschool girls tend to live in (although this manga takes place outside of the school for the most part). To be a manga reader and to NOT have heard of or picked up a volume of this to read is insane. And even if you aren't a manga reader, you're bound to fall in love with this. There is just no way you can say no to Hot Gimmick. And this volume ends in such a cliff hanger, that you're left reeling and wanting more! SO HURRY UP AND READ THIS WHOLE SERIES, because the extent of its awesomeness just can't be described in words alone.
Date published: 2006-06-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Hooked On REALLLLY GOOD!!! At first the preview seemed so-so, but after reading it....you'll love it ^__^ If you love shojou, you'll love this....It's so sweet....I kept on blushing & laughing while reading it to myself ^___^ I only have up to V. 5 right now though.....I think there's 10+ volumes in total 0.0?? & I've already read the 5 volumes I have 3 times already >-< hehe....and I'm not the only one who's HOOKED ON.....so are my friends.....they keep on saying when will you get the new volumes...WHEN?? ^___^ hehe
Date published: 2004-12-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A MUST HAVE! now i know what you are thinking... a hot pink manga cover? hentaish? lol on the contray. This manga isn't in any ways, but there are a few sexual conflicts, but there is nothing bad or anthing that actually happens e.g. nudity (there is without doubt none of this) *just a little 411 in case you're a younger manga reader* anyways, a really good manga with real experiences of a 16 year old. The art work is nicely done, and the plot has many twist and turns that keeps you guessing.
Date published: 2004-03-06