How To Code In 10 Easy Lessons: Learn How To Design And Code Your Very Own Computer Game by Sean McmanusHow To Code In 10 Easy Lessons: Learn How To Design And Code Your Very Own Computer Game by Sean Mcmanussticker-burst

How To Code In 10 Easy Lessons: Learn How To Design And Code Your Very Own Computer Game

bySean Mcmanus

Spiral Bound | October 1, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$13.55 online 
$14.95 list price save 9%
Earn 68 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

By breaking this daunting subject down into the 10 "super skills", young readers can get familiar with computer coding and build on their skills by progressing through these projects!

How to Code in 10 Easy Lessonsstarts by asking the question, "What is coding?. You'll get to know the super skills of coding, then get to see how to use Scratch coding software to write simple code, use loops, and debug, to create a webpage, and even make a computer game.

Perfect for middle-school aged kids, this guide is filled with easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step graphics.

Sean McManusis a Code Club volunteer, teaching programming and web design at a junior school in London, UK. He is the author ofScratch Programming in Easy Steps, andWeb Design in Easy Steps, and the co-author ofRaspberry Pi For Dummies. Visit his website at www.sean.co.uk for Scratch resources and more.
Title:How To Code In 10 Easy Lessons: Learn How To Design And Code Your Very Own Computer GameFormat:Spiral BoundDimensions:64 pages, 10.5 × 8.5 × 0.75 inPublished:October 1, 2015Publisher:Walter Foster JrLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1633220508

ISBN - 13:9781633220508

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent entrée into coding for kids! GREAT READ! I was looking for a starter book to introduce my 9 year old son (Josh) into the adventurous world of coding. The staff at Indigo! (Bay Street) recommended this book immediately. The text is incredibly intuitive for kids and organized into helpful lesson plans with a games and activities at the conclusion of each chapter. Josh worked through the 10 lessons over the course of a week and now is moving onto a second book. Additionally, I also recommend Scratch as a great first coding language for kids 8-12. The visualization of the lessons and actions such as debugging and data organization is very well explained. Josh and I highly recommend ! We are now onto our second book: (https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/coding-games-in-scratch/9781465439352-item.html?ikwid=coding+for+kids&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=7)
Date published: 2018-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Tremendous entrée into the adventurous world of coding for kids! GREAT READ I was looking for a great starter book for my 9 year old son to explore the world of coding. This was highly recommended by the staff at Indigo (Bay Street). Josh loved the book immediately. It is organized in an incredibly intuitive way for kids. Scratch as a language is a wonderful starter programming langue for kids 8-12, as the book suggests. The book is helpfully organized into lesson plans with accomplishments and games at the conclusion of each lesson. The book also includes helpful tips for parents to continue the learning experience beyond the text. We are now searching for our second lesson series and exploring coding classes for Josh to take this spring. Highly Recommend!
Date published: 2018-01-22

Editorial Reviews

"...programming teacher and prolific code-guide writer McManus (Web Design in Easy Steps, 2015, etc.) hits his stride in guiding readers through increasingly complicated code -- the farther into his subject matter he writes, the easier his prose is to follow." - Kirkus