An indispensable guide to dealing with this potentially deadly allergy
Nuts and nut oils are found in countless foods and topical ointments/creams. They are also the leading cause of fatal and near-fatal food allergy reactions. Unfortunately, nut allergies are not as rare as they were once thought to be. According to U.S. and British studies, their prevalence has doubled over the last decade alone.
Co-written by a leading expert on nut allergies, How to Live with a Nut Allergy tells you what you need to know to:
- Avoid exposure to all kinds of tree nuts and peanuts
- Reduce the risk of setting off a serious allergic reaction
- Be prepared should a reaction occur
- Avoid a reaction in close quarters, such as airplanes
- Keep children safe from exposure