I Am Living in 2 Homes

bySebastian A. Jones, Garcelle Beauvais

Kobo ebook | June 26, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$4.99

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

Jay and Nia are the children of two worlds and two homes. Follow the twins from I AM MIXED as they both address the difficulties of having parents who are no longer together and discover the benefits of having two very different homes to explore and enjoy.

I AM LIVING IN 2 HOMES is the second installment in the I AM book series, which shines a light on and celebrates the ever-growing diversity that exists in the lives of today s children.

I AM LIVING IN 2 HOMES and I AM MIXED were co-created and co-written by celebrity actress and TV personality Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show, NYPD Blue, Flight, White House Down) and publisher/author Sebastian A. Jones (The Untamed, Piñata).

"I AM LIVING IN 2 HOMES is an essential book for all families, especially those in this particular situation." - from the foreword by DR. SOPHY (The Dr. Phil Show)

"Beautiful and healing. Finally, a book that sees the world of divorce through a child s eyes." - SHERRI SHEPHERD (The View)

Title:I Am Living in 2 HomesFormat:Kobo ebookPublished:June 26, 2015Publisher:Stranger ComicsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1939834104

ISBN - 13:9781939834102

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from I Am Living in 2 Homes (I Am Book) This is the second book in a series by Garcelle Beauvais and Sebastian A. Jones. They both have mixed race children who go back and forth between each parent. The story is about Jay and Nia, twins who talk about what it's like to live with each parent separately. Nia talks about what it's like when they're with mom, and Jay talks about what life is like when they're with dad. The book explains that sometimes mommies and daddies are happier and can be better parents when they are apart and it isn't the child's fault that they didn't work out. Jay and Nia have to endure questions from kids at school about what it's like to only live with one parent and go back and forth. They also deal with feeling guilty for their parents splitting up. This book is great because it sends the message that the kids are always loved by both parents and that it's not their fault. This story is simple and interesting for younger kids and it allows them to really think about divorce and what it means for them.
Date published: 2017-08-23