NCTM’s Process Standards were designed to support teaching that helps children develop independent, effective mathematical thinking. The books in the Heinemann Math Process Standards Series give every elementary teacher the opportunity to explore each one of the standards in depth. And with language and examples that don’t require prior math training to understand, the series offers friendly, reassuring advice to any teacher preparing to embrace the Process Standards.
Each title contains powerful tools to help you get started:
- plans for lessons that help students internalize each standard
- advice, ideas, and teaching tips that show you ways to make the standards a central part of your instruction and your students’ learning
- assessment strategies to monitor student progress with each standard
- a CD-ROM with activities customizable to match your lessons
- a correlation guide that helps you match each aspect of mathematical content to the processes it utilizes
The CD-ROM that accompanies each title in The Math Process Standards Series includes tools to help you take what you learn from the book and turn it into classroom practice right away. Each is filled with activities that refer to specific types of problems detailed in the book, problems that target the concepts, knowledge, and applications necessary to internalize each process standard and make it part of students’ mathematical repertoire.
Best of all, the activities on the CD-ROM are fully customizable, allowing you to adjust them to the particulars of your math teaching, your students, and your curriculum.