Proven leadership lessons from the author of the international bestseller The Welch Way
Techniques Jack Welch used to create great leaders and drive unprecedented financial performance
Jack Welch and GE used the celebrated 4e model to measure leadership potential and enhance profitability at every level of the organization. Jack Welch and the 4 E's of Leadership delivers a thought-provoking and in-depth analysis of this signature model. Pragmatic and handson, it explains how the model helped Welch to consistently spot 4e leaders--individuals with energy, the ability to inspire others, and the talent to consistently make the difficult decisions and meet financial goals.
Jack Welch and the 4 E's of Leadership reveals how the 4e model helped GE's best and brightest eliminate bureaucracy, hire and promote energetic people, find new ways to increase the organization's customer-centricity, and more. Beyond the nuts and bolts of the 4e model, however, it outlines a step-by-step blueprint anyone can follow to stock an organization with performance-ready leaders and leaders-in-training.
- How to recognize and encourage each of the 4e's--Energy, Energizers, Edge, and Execute
- Leadership theories of Drucker, Senge, and others, and how they support and validate Welch's 4e model
- Seven rules for successfully driving change, and leveraging it to gain long-term competitive advantage
- Leadership lessons of the 4e all-star executive team
- Valuable implementation insights on virtually every page, along with a "4e leader to-do" list
Jack Welch is universally recognized as the greatest CEO of his era. In Jack Welch and the 4 E's of Leadership, bestselling author Jeffrey A. Krames examines Welch's seminal 4e leadership model and provides a penetrating and uncompromising look at how to recognize and develop authentic leaders.