$23.33 online 
$26.00 list price save 10%
Earn 117 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Nai--a young man who travels in search of another by the name of Karoku, a lone bracelet his only lead. Gareki--a willful young man who earns his daily bread by thieving and picking pockets. Thrown together at an eerie mansion, where they are entrapped and framed, Nai and Gareki are soon hunted down as criminals by national security forces. As they are driven into a corner, before them appears the most powerful defense agency in the country, "Circus"--!!
Touya Mikanagi is the creator behind the supernatural manga seriesKarneval.
Title:Karneval, Vol. 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:400 pages, 8.25 × 5.88 × 1.25 inPublished:March 24, 2015Publisher:Yen PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0316383090

ISBN - 13:9780316383097

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great series! This series has an amazing plot, great characters, and great artwork. My favourite series!!!
Date published: 2017-08-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Off to a good start Karneval is a pretty fast paced manga. For just the first two volumes a lot has already happened. At first I did not think that I was going to enjoy this manga nearly as much as I did. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series. There are a lot of very charming and quirky characters so you'll definitely have a favourite or two by the time you reach the end of this volume. It's a very entertaining manga and very hefty! So you'll be immersed in this volume for quite a while. Overall it's off to a really good start.
Date published: 2016-11-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by from 4 Stars For Now I actually really like this series. This series, I feel, can be considered this author's first series since the truth of the matter is that of Mikanagi's other works are actually large collaborations of many authors that create small stories that get placed together into one book. There are actually quite a lot of them, making up around 18 volumes of short stories by various authors. Even then, Mikanagi's stories are only in 4-5 of the volumes, so... Yeah, that's why Karneval is considered Mikanagi's first series. First, let me say that the art... It's absolutely AMAZING. It perfectly reflects upon the atmosphere of a circus or carnival. It's very fun, if I had to describe it. The art style matches the plot of the story and sometimes carries an air of mystery. It can easily have an aura of seriousness in one page, then switch to a fun one in the next. The art certainly deserves 5★. The story is very questionable at first but might possibly centre around the theme of evolution or something biological like that. Even after a few volumes, it still is hard to tell where things with end up. Still, that's what makes a mystery good and this author is doing a good job at leaving me stumped at "what the heck is going on? What's actually behind this?" And questions along the lines of, "Why is so and so doing this?" The author gives out tidbits of information and even answers some small but important questions... Until you find out that the answers given only lead to more questions! Ones that probably will eventually lead us to the key to the final answer, the main cause and effect. Still, I don't deny that I like this kind of story. But for now... What the heck is going to happen? The roles of the characters play huge parts in the plot. A character's past might influence a whole bunch of things that happen in the story and even change some original thoughts. While some of the characters have obvious roles, other characters are more hidden. Actually, most of the characters have so much that hasn't been revealed yet, especially those of Circus, one of the two organizations that the story centres around. The seemingly antagonist organization, Kafka, also has many things to be revealed, but the two organizations are certainly linked to each other whether they like it or not. Because I love the characters so far, the story seems great to me. Their personalities are quite loveable, but I'm still unsure about what they're all hiding. Art: 5★ Storyline: 4★ Characters: 4★ I recommend it for people who like: mystery, supernatural, sci-fi(biological experimentation?) Oh, if you liked Devil Survivor (game or manga, either works I guess?) then there's a high chance you'll like Karneval.
Date published: 2016-03-28