From Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words: what to say and how to say it. What not to say. When it is best to remain silent. Or what to do when you’ve said something you wish you could now take back.
Beyond just a “How not to gossip” study, Karen will teach what the Bible says about the many ways we are to use our words and the times when we are to remain silent. Using our speech to interact with friends, co-workers, family and strangers will be covered along with the many places we use our words such as in private, in public, online and in prayer. Even the words we say silently to ourselves. Unsolicited opinion-slinging, speaking the truth in love, not saying words just to people-please and dealing with our verbal anger are sub-topics that will also be addressed.
Each session will feature a different character from the Bible, using them either as an example of someone to emulate or whose verbal actions we should avoid replicating.
- Sparks, Squabbles, Spats, and Such: Our Words Matter
- On Filling Gaps and Zipping Lips: Listen to Others, Talk to God
- Opinion-Slinging and Salty Speech: Assessing Our Digital Tongues
- Gossip, Flattery, and People-Pleasing: How to Speak the Truth in Love
- Pause Before You Pounce: On Cultivating Soft Speech
- As Sweet as Honey: Wonderful Ways to Use Your Words
Designed for use with the Keep It Shut DVD 9780310819417 (sold separately).