$13.99 online 
$14.99 list price save 6%
Earn 70 plum® points
Quantity:

Ships within 1-2 weeks

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

This thought-provoking and often provocative look at racism is a sequel to the award-winning Noughts & Crosses.

For fourteen years, Sephy, a singer, struggles to raise her mixed-race child in an apartheid society, telling Callie Rose very little about her father, and trying to make her mark in the music business where she also has to deal with prejudice. But suddenly and dramatically, Callie discovers the truth about her parentage -- that her father, Callum, was hanged for terrorism! Can mother and daughter heal the rift that now opens between them? And can Callie ignore the pain of the past as she takes her own steps towards her future? This is a riveting and page-turning novel for ages twelve and up that will confirm Malorie Blackman’s status as one of today’s top authors for young readers.

From the Hardcover edition.
MALORIE BLACKMAN has written over fifty books and is acknowledged as one of today’s most imaginative and convincing writers for young readers. She has been awarded numerous prizes for her work, including the Red House Children’s Book Award and the Fantastic Fiction Award. Malorie has also been shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal. In 200...
Title:Knife Edge: Book 2Format:PaperbackDimensions:449 pages, 7.79 × 5.08 × 1 inPublished:August 23, 2005Publisher:TransworldLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0552548928

ISBN - 13:9780552548922

Appropriate for ages: 13 - 17

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from The Second I did not like this as much as I did the first book in the trilogy, Noughts and Crosses, but Knife Edge definitely still hits the mark. It is heartbreaking yet hopeful.
Date published: 2017-07-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Knife Edge A chilling story with an ending that had my heart in my mouth. Whilst containing an abundant amount of humour and warmth.
Date published: 2013-04-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Not what I expected, but still really good! Knife Edge is really fast-paced but it doesn't quite surmout the adrenaline given off by the first book, Noughts and Crosses. However, Knife Edge is a must read because it opens a window to the third and final book in the trilogy, Checkmate, which is more appealing than ever before.
Date published: 2006-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Malorie has done it again! Malorie Blackman has done it again. Knife edge had even more twists, turns and drama that Noughts and Crosses. I just loved this book. I can't wait to read the end of this trilogy!
Date published: 2006-02-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellente!!! I think that this sequel is so amazing! It's even better than the first one! It is even more intense. I can't wait for the next one to come out!!
Date published: 2006-02-10

Editorial Reviews

“Relentless in its pace and power. . . devastatingly powerful.”
Guardian

Praise for Noughts & Crosses:
“An incredible novel that is as heart-rending as it is provocative.” -- The Bookseller