Knights Of Sidonia, Volume 1 by Tsutomu NiheiKnights Of Sidonia, Volume 1 by Tsutomu Nihei

Knights Of Sidonia, Volume 1

byTsutomu Nihei

Paperback | February 5, 2013

Pricing and Purchase Info

$12.56 online 
$13.95 list price save 9%
Earn 63 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

"CORE EXPOSED"

Outer space, the far future.

A lone seed ship, the Sidonia, plies the void, ten centuries since the obliteration of the solar system. The massive, nearly indestructible, yet barely sentient alien life forms
that destroyed humanity’s home world continue to pose an existential threat.

Nagate Tanikaze has only known life in the vessel’s bowels deep below the sparkling strata where humans have achieved photosynthesis and new genders. Not long after he emerges from the Underground, however, the youth is bequeathed a treasured legacy by the spaceship’s coolheaded female captain.
Tsutomu Nihei is an internationally known Japanese comic artist and draftsman. Born in 1971, Nihei made his debut in the comics world as the winner of the 1995 Afternoon Magazine Four Seasons Award for short stories. He then briefly worked as an assistant to veteran comicker Tsutomu Takahashi before making his break-through hit BLAME! ...
Title:Knights Of Sidonia, Volume 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:186 pages, 7 × 5.02 × 0.52 inPublished:February 5, 2013Publisher:Kodansha USALanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1935654802

ISBN - 13:9781935654803

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Interesting Read I enjoyed this volume, the art is good and the story is interesting, although I found it a bit hard to follow the panels at times.
Date published: 2018-05-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great introduction to an epic tale! I was curious when I saw the cover, and started to browse, and I couldn't put it down. In this volume we are introduced to an epic clash between the remnants of humanity on the ship Sidonia against the Gauna who destroyed Earth. We are introduced to the story of Nagate Tanikaze who will become a Garde pilot and become part of this epic struggle. Tsutomu Nihei creates a gripping tale and draws you into the world of Sidonia.
Date published: 2017-02-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by from A little Confusing The first volume is a bit confusing because it jumps right into the story and you aren't entirely sure what is going on. It feels as though they just expect you to already know everything about this world rather than actually explain what is happening before jumping to some other random scene. The art is phenomenal, very clean and bold.
Date published: 2017-02-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by from A slow burn but very compelling I was not completely sold on this one at first, the story takes some time to get going, but it is very interesting as you get into the first few volumes. Definitely recommended.
Date published: 2017-01-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from It started kind of slowly... ...but it picked up and got better. I've read that this originated as an anime, and that shows in the way the story is built up. Details are revealed as time goes on, but not the way you'd expect.
Date published: 2015-10-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Worth the read I picked this up due to the anime and I have to say this graphic novel wasn't a bad buy. I was hoping for a bit of a more meticulous and planned out pace compared to the anime, but honestly not ended up feeling exactly the same as the show. Not that is such a terrible thing... I was just hoping for more explanation or story... Trying the second one out but I see no need to buy the books when the show is so similar.
Date published: 2015-01-23

Editorial Reviews

"Tsutomu Nihei has been knocking on America's door for ages now. Tokyopop released his ten-volume epic "Blame!," pronounced "blam" like a gunshot, and its prequel, "Noise" in the United States. In 2006, he earned a coveted spot in the amazingly awesome (and financially successful) "Halo Graphic Novel," standing shoulder to shoulder with superstar artists like Moebius, Simon Bisley, and Geof Darrow, among others. " - Comics Alliance"One of Knights of Sidonia's chief strengths is that it doesn't bog down the intrigue of its world with too much unnecessary, bloated dialogue...It's definitely a solid pick-up for Vertical; there's not really anything else in their catalog like it. Dig into the first volume and see if Nihei's gorgeously depicted wreck of a sci-fi future doesn't secure an immediately tight grip." - Otaku USA"Knights of Sidonia is off to a solid start with its first volume...All in all it’s a promising and entertaining offering and one that’s left me chomping at the bit for the next volume." - Comic Book Resources