Kowloon Walled City, 1984 by Nicholas MorineKowloon Walled City, 1984 by Nicholas Morine

Kowloon Walled City, 1984

byNicholas Morine

Paperback | February 4, 2016

Pricing and Purchase Info

$21.60

Earn 108 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

Title:Kowloon Walled City, 1984Format:PaperbackDimensions:262 pages, 9 × 6 × 0.68 inPublished:February 4, 2016Publisher:ConsignmentLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1927996066

ISBN - 13:9781927996065

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing and action-packed As a novel, this book owes a lot to Rocky. By which I do not mean that this story reminds me of Rocky. What I mean is that this is that story of the danger and politics that surround a young lower-class man as he enters into the Kowloon fighting scene, ultimately culminating in a large fighting tournament. Until a certain point in our cultural tapestry, these types of stories always ended with the protagonist winning. But ever since the original Rocky and its popularity, we now cannot take that for granted. As such, every punch and kick thrown in the epic, bloody battles of the Siu Nin a Fu tournament are wrought with tension and dramatic suspense, which Morine delivers with expert prose and seamless pacing.
Date published: 2017-02-03