The world's #1 guide to retail success, complete with crucial, up-to-date insights--including new case studies, ideas, strategies, and tactics from today's best retailers, like TopShop, IKEA, and Best Buy. Smart Retail incorporates several valuable chapters, including:
- Opportunities to learn from past retail pioneers: simple yet effective strategies your competitors have forgotten.
- How to use data to drive profit and growth.
- How to do more with less, and maximize the value each team member brings to the table.
- How to use new technology to develop highly productive, innovative "Remote Teams".
Covering everything from creating the ultimate retail experience to understanding the customer and the importance of motivated workers, this is the book that will equip managers, team-workers, retail entrepreneurs and indeed anybody who sells direct to customers, with practical winning ideas and strategies.
Retail marketing is undergoing cataclysmic change, driven by upheavals in media, consumer attitudes, and the retail industry itself. Retailers know they must invest more heavily in marketing, both to build brands and to drive sales. But how? In Shopper Intimacy , two leading experts offer the first comprehensive, research-based guide to building winning retail marketing programs. Drawing on a decade of customer research, the authors introduce:
- A start-to-finish system for planning and executing effective campaigns. ¿
- Powerful new tools for influencing shopper behavior and driving better results.
- Practical, workable techniques for measuring performance – including a breakthrough approach for measuring ROI from the standpoint of all stakeholders. ¿
- Best practices models for integrating internal and syndicated research.
- Trend analysis to help retailers chart the future trajectory of marketing, and position themselves appropriately.
Shopper Intimacy contains extensive case studies, charts, pictures, and illustrations designed to deepen marketers’ understanding. Above all, it presents practical learnings that cut across all retail segments, with data to support the authors’ conclusions, and techniques for successfully applying them.