Learning: Bailey Flanigan Series 2 by Karen KingsburyLearning: Bailey Flanigan Series 2 by Karen Kingsbury

Learning: Bailey Flanigan Series 2

byKaren Kingsbury

Paperback | June 21, 2011

Pricing and Purchase Info

$13.36 online 
$19.99 list price save 33%
Earn 67 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Bailey Flanigan is growing closer to her dream to be an actress and dancer in New York while Cody coaches a small high school football team … on and off the field. But neither feels complete without the chance to share their dreams with one other. Can distance truly make the heart grow fonder? Or will Cody learn to turn to others to share in his happiness? And when tragedy strikes? Who will be there to provide comfort in the face of loss? As Cody’s past catches up with him, he must learn to reach out for help or risk withdrawing permanently inside himself. Both Bailey and Cody find themselves learning significant life lessons in this poignant love story, featuring members from Karen Kingsbury’s popular Baxter family.

New York Times best-selling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s favorite inspirational novelist with over 20 million books in print. Her Life-Changing Fiction™ has produced multiple best sellers including Unlocked, Leaving, Take One, Between Sundays, Even Now, One Tuesday Morning, Beyond Tuesday Morning, and Ever After, which was named...
Title:Learning: Bailey Flanigan Series 2Format:PaperbackDimensions:352 pages, 8.5 × 5.5 × 1 inPublished:June 21, 2011Publisher:ZondervanLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0310276330

ISBN - 13:9780310276333

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 2 out of 5 by from Not at all happy with the newer books in the Baxter family series I started reading the Baxter Family series many years ago, right from the start with Redemption. Considering Karen Kingsbury has written over 20 books about this particular family, it's been a huge undertaking, but since I had enjoyed the first couple of series, I decided to continue. However, as I get further along into the newer books, I've started noticing a trend that I am not okay with, and would have me hesitating to pick up a Karen Kingsbury book in the future. As a Christian myself, I really enjoy inspirational fiction, and I admire Karen for the fact that she's continued to stick with that genre. However, I've noticed that a lot of her newer books seem to be giving the message that money equals happiness, and that if you're truly faithful in your relationship with God, then wealth and success will surely find you. I brushed it off the first few times I noticed these themes in her novels, but in particular with the Flannigan family I feel this is reinforced over and over again, and it really disappoints me to see such a theme be such a huge part of these stories. I also can't stand how Bailey Flannigan is always portrayed as perfect, she never makes mistakes like those of her friends Andi or Cody, and I find it highly annoying how many times it's stated that she's a perfect example of this or that. And my opinions on these issues were even more enforced when I discovered that Karen had based the character of Bailey on her own daughter, who apparently is also a perfect example of everything she sets her mind too. While I love the idea of having a Christian main character as a role model for younger girls reading this book, I don't like the way that money and perfection are portrayed throughout its pages, and I've overall found the Bailey Flannigan series to be a big disappointment. I personally won't be recommending Karen's books anymore, and since there's so many amazing other inspirational authors like Denise Hunter, Robin Jones Gunn, Becky Wade and Colleen Coble, I think I'll personally be looking for books that don't emphasize these issues that seem to be in direct contradiction within the genre she's writing in.
Date published: 2017-03-31