London By Tube: Over 80 Intriguing Short Walks Minutes Away From London's Tube Stops by Christopher WinnLondon By Tube: Over 80 Intriguing Short Walks Minutes Away From London's Tube Stops by Christopher Winn

London By Tube: Over 80 Intriguing Short Walks Minutes Away From London's Tube Stops

byChristopher Winn

Hardcover | May 24, 2016

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.37

Earn 97 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Christopher Winn takes us on a tour of London's famous underground train line, the Tube, stopping off to reveal the hidden gems of this World-famous city.
     London is a city of surprises and variety, over 600 square miles packed full of character, spectacle and sensation. And to really know London you must look beyond the obvious; there are broad vistas and quiet corners, iconic sights and grand boulevards, historic buildings, quaint villages, verdant parks, cobbled alleyways, museums, monuments, statues, markets, theatres, cathedrals and ancient churches.
     The best way to see London is to go by London Underground or, 'the Tube'. With 270 stations and over 250 miles of track, the London Tube -- first, best and biggest underground system in the world -- can take you wherever you want to go in the world's most fascinating city.
     This book unearths and explores a stupendous range of interesting places, some well known, some less well known, some almost unknown, all of which lie within an easy walk of a Tube station. Taking you to 88 stations and 150 different places of interest, viewpoints, walks, unique museums, historic pubs -- if you want a day out and you want to do something different then London is your town, the Tube is your means and See London by Tube is your guide.
CHRISTOPHER WINN's first book was the bestselling I Never Knew That About England. Volumes on Ireland, Scotland, Wales and London followed and he has recently published books on the English, Scottish and Irish, alongside an illustrated edition of I Never Knew That About England. A freelance writer and collector of trivia for over 20 ye...
I Never Knew That About New York
I Never Knew That About New York

by Christopher Winn

$18.00

In stock online

Available in stores

I Never Knew That About London
I Never Knew That About London

by Christopher Winn

$31.32$39.99

In stock online

Available in stores

I Never Knew That About Royal Britain
I Never Knew That About Royal Britain

by Christopher Winn

$14.99

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

Shop this author
Title:London By Tube: Over 80 Intriguing Short Walks Minutes Away From London's Tube StopsFormat:HardcoverDimensions:352 pages, 7.28 × 4.66 × 1.37 inPublished:May 24, 2016Publisher:Random House UKLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1785031503

ISBN - 13:9781785031502

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of London By Tube: Over 80 Intriguing Short Walks Minutes Away From London's Tube Stops

Reviews