Look Better Naked: The 6-week plan to your leanest, hottest body--ever! by Michele PromaulaykoLook Better Naked: The 6-week plan to your leanest, hottest body--ever! by Michele Promaulayko

Look Better Naked: The 6-week plan to your leanest, hottest body--ever!

byMichele Promaulayko, Maura Rhodes

Paperback | April 26, 2011

Pricing and Purchase Info

$20.25 online 
$21.99 list price save 7%
Earn 101 plum® points

Ships within 1-2 weeks

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Today's young woman wants to be in great shape and have control over her life, which means being confident and comfortable with who she is. Looking great naked and feeling great about how she looks is the foundation of effortless beauty-on a date, in the office, or just relaxing with friends.

Look Better Naked! - by Michele Promaulayko with Maura Rhodes- is a diet, exercise, beauty, and self-confidence plan from the editor-in-chief of Women's Health, the magazine that knows how to speak to women in a smart, inspiring way. The book offers expert tips and simple plans for reshaping a woman's body quickly and easily. It reveals the powerfoods a woman should put on her plate every day and has a workout plan that delivers results in just 15 minutes a day. The plan also helps a woman flatten her belly, tone her legs, tighten her butt, and improve her skin and hair.

A woman's posture, her pride, her personal power-they all go together. Look Better Naked! shows a woman how to be the best possible version of herself that she can be.

MICHELE PROMAULAYKO is editor-in-chief of Women's Health. She is an outspoken expert on women's issues and has appeared on the Today show, CNN, Fox News, The Rachael Ray Show, and the CBS Early Show. She lives in New York City.MAURA RHODES is a freelance journalist who specializes in health, fitness, nutrition, and parenting. She lives...
20 Pounds Younger: The Life-Transforming Plan for a Fitter, Sexier You!
20 Pounds Younger: The Life-Transforming Plan for a Fitter, Sexier You!

by Michele Promaulayko

$17.39$21.75

Available for download

Not available in stores

Title:Look Better Naked: The 6-week plan to your leanest, hottest body--ever!Format:PaperbackDimensions:320 pages, 9.19 × 7.47 × 0.48 inPublished:April 26, 2011Publisher:Rodale BooksLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1609610512

ISBN - 13:9781609610517

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Look Better Naked: The 6-week plan to your leanest, hottest body--ever!

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Better than it sounds! I bought this book because I lilkes that it gave a meal plan and workouts. It also gives some tips on how to feel more comfortable in your own skin, which I thought was a positive message (although the recommendations did seem a bit elementary. I guess you can't assume that people have a certain comfort level). The meal plans appealed to me because there are no glaring exclusions in what you can eat. You can have carbs, fruit, dairy - yes, they are all in specific quantity and must have elements like high fibre ad low sugar but at least they aren't eliminated (like with South Beach diet and others.) The workouts also look good - straightforward excercises and enough variety to prevent boredom. Here are the cons: I don't eat red meat but she doesn't offer alternatives to replace the "bison steak" that you're supposed to have on day 1. Who buys bison steak? I know that the meals are interchangeable between days but some of the choices seem strange. Like jicama? But then you never eat it again for the rest of the week. So what happens to the rest of your jicama? (I replaced it with broccoli anyway.) Before I bought the required foods for the week, I made a list of everything needed and wrote down when they were needed, to see if I needed to buy it or not. I know that my grovery bill will be higher this week then weeks two and three because some of these things will last (like natural peanut butter and crackers and pasta and cereal.) They'll last because you don't eat them everyday. The other thing I found strange about the menus was that you eat the same thing (or something similar) twice in one day - like Day 2 - you have tuna for lunch and salmon for dinner? Or turkey in your salad and then a turkey wrap as a snack a few hours later? Lastly - I don't know what time they think you're going to be doing your workout but they call the second snack a "post-workout snack." If you work out after work, wouldn't you go home and eat dinner? They do say you should eat shortly after your workout but I can't imagine eating the snack and then dinner right afterwards. In spite of all that, I like the look of the program and I'm excited to see where I'll be in 6 weeks! I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a fresh start and a reasonable way to get healthy.
Date published: 2011-05-16