Magnificent Devices: Books 1-4 Quartet: Four steampunk adventure novels in one set by Shelley Adina

Magnificent Devices: Books 1-4 Quartet: Four steampunk adventure novels in one set

byShelley Adina

Kobo ebook | April 22, 2013

Pricing and Purchase Info

$9.99

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

This four-book set contains the “Claire Quartet”—Lady of Devices, Her Own Devices, Magnificent Devices, and Brilliant Devices, an edition of over 250,000 words.

London, 1889. Victoria is Queen. Charles Darwin’s son is Prime Minister. And steam is the power that runs the world.

At 17, Claire Trevelyan, daughter of Viscount St. Ives, was expected to do nothing more than pour an elegant cup of tea, sew a fine seam, and catch a rich husband. Unfortunately, Claire’s talents lie not in the ballroom, but in the chemistry lab, where things have a regrettable habit of blowing up. When her father gambles the estate on the combustion engine and loses, Claire finds herself down and out on the mean streets of London. But being a young woman of resources and intellect, she turns fortune on its head …

A South Bank gang—Snouts, Tigg, Jake, 10-year-old twin girls called the Mopsies, Weepin’ Willie, and Rosie the chicken—soon becomes Claire’s flock. But concealing her secret life becomes increasingly difficult, particularly when a powerful lord proposes and she and her friends are forced to flee on an airship to the American Territories. Will she achieve her goal of a university degree? Will her loyalty to her friends be her undoing when it jeopardizes the plans of powerful men who desire money more than honor? And just how many funerals will her unfortunate mother be forced to arrange?

“An immensely fun series with some excellent anti-sexist messages, a wonderful main character (one of my favourites in the genre) and a great sense of Victorian style and language that’s both fun and beautiful to read.” —Fangs for the Fantasy: The latest in urban fantasy from a social justice perspective

Title:Magnificent Devices: Books 1-4 Quartet: Four steampunk adventure novels in one setFormat:Kobo ebookPublished:April 22, 2013Publisher:Moonshell Books, Inc.Language:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN:9990005822190

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Such a Great Deal For Such a Great Series! I actually got Book 1 for free on Kobo, but after reading it, I enjoyed it so much that I immediately went on to buy more in the series. This set of the first four books was such a good deal that I couldn't resist! And I glad I didn't because all of the books were wonderful. Each one picks up right after previous one leaves off, and the pace if fast and the series is fun and well written. The world that Shelley Adina has created is richly drawn with airships and steam powered vehicles and characters that you can't help but come to care about. By the end of the fourth book, you will feel like you are reading about friends and I dare you not to want to immediately buy more in the series to continue to travel along on all their adventures! I highly recommend this series! It's really wonderful!
Date published: 2016-02-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from High adventure A female Dr Jones! All adventure, stimulating and exciting writing. I just couldn't stop reading. Bought the 4 book bundle and read them all in 3 days. Now going to read 5 and 6! Speaks for itself.
Date published: 2015-09-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great Value Very glad I got the bundle, so I could just move from one book to the next without pause. Books-Parts 2 & 3 were fast paced, exciting, and all around amazing. #4 was good, but felt a little like too muh was trying to be squeezed in to the story, and even then threads had to be tied up (rather unsatisfactorly too) in the final epilogue. I might have been disappointed if I'd bought that book separate, but as part of the set it's a minor complaint.
Date published: 2015-06-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Dazzling devices One of the most appealing heroines and liveliest adventures I have ever read. The resilience and optimism of the protagonists is truly uplifting. Great steampunk.
Date published: 2015-01-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Lady of Devices books 1-4 great read Okay, it's 2 am and I've just finished reading books 1 through 4 of the Lady of Devices series. My garden is in serious need of weeding, but could not stop, my imagination of what could happen next and cliffhanger whatiff's had me spellbound. Wonderful story telling, character insights, combined with the technologies and fantasy in such a realistic believable fashion well worth the extra time will need to repair my garden....kudos!
Date published: 2014-08-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Magnificent Devices Wonderful adventures, wishing the stories would go on and on. .........!
Date published: 2014-03-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Magnificent Devices I thoroughly enjoyed these books. The characters are followed through these books on their many adventures. Found the book hard to put down.Great storyline. A good read!
Date published: 2014-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Magnificent Devices I hate that the series has come to an end. I will have to read it all over again and again, because it has been an excellent experience!
Date published: 2013-12-28