"Management: The Basics" provides an easy, jargon-free introduction to the fundamental principles and practices of modern management. Using examples ranging from people management at Cadbury and the Enron crisis to the marketing of fried chicken in China, it explains key aspects of management, including:
- Planning effective business strategy to meet goals
- How successful marketing works
- How organizations are structured and function
- How to understand corporate finance
- What affects how people work and effective human resources management
- The importance of knowledge and culture
This informative and accessible guide is ideal for anyone who wants to understand what management is and how it works.