Mathematical Statistics with Applicationsprovides a calculus-based theoretical introduction to mathematical statistics while emphasizing interdisciplinary applications as well as exposure to modern statistical computational and simulation concepts that are not covered in other textbooks. Includes the Jackknife, Bootstrap methods, the EM algorithms and Markov chain Monte Carlo methods. Prior probability or statistics knowledge is not required.
* Step-by-step procedure to solve real problems, making the topic more accessible
* Exercises blend theory and modern applications
* Practical, real-world chapter projects
* Provides an optional section in each chapter on using Minitab, SPSS and SAS commands
* Student Solutions Manual, Instructors Manual and data disk available