The chapters in this book thoroughly cover the structure, regulation, and function of matrix metalloproteinases, and provide information on the latest strategies to inhibit enzyme activity. This work will be an indispensable reference tool for investigators with an interest in extracellular matrix biology, matrix turnover, enzymology and biochemistry of proteinases, developmental biology, pathology, and therapeutic interventions.
* Provides state-of-the-art information on a field with broad implications to many areas of biology
* Includes detailed coverage of the structure and regulation of all major matrix metalloproteinases
* Chapters focus on a timely and expanding field
* Topics have direct relevance to understanding human disease pathology of cancer, arthritis, and vascular disease
* Discusses latest strategies used in the development of new therapeutics to inhibit metalloproteinase activity