Earn 99 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

HURRY, ONLY 1 LEFT!
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Issue 14 features a return of the hard-hitting journalism that has made McSweeney's our nation's preeminent source of Whys and Wherefores: Joshuah Bearman leads a daring investigation into the enigmatic Great Gerbil (Rhombomys Opimus) of central Asia, uncovering signs of an impending disaster that could totally mess up life as we know it. &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspThe issue also includes strange and wonderful stories from T.C. Boyle, Susan Straight, Jim Shepard, Wells Tower, Jessica Anthony, Chris Bachelder, and approximately seven other good people. At least one of these stories contains the following paragraph:&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp"I am Felicius Victor, son of the centurion Annius Equester, on active service in the Twentieth Cohort and scribe for special services for the administration of the entire legion. All day, every day, I sad. Over the heather the wet wind blows continuously. The rain comes pattering out of the sky. My bowels fail me regularly and others come and go on the continuous bench of our latrine while I huddle there on the cold stone."
Dave Eggers lived in Illinois until his parents' deaths in 1991. The loss left him responsible for his eight-year-old brother and later became the inspiration for his highly acclaimed memoir "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". Published in 2000, the memoir was nominated for a nonfiction Pulitzer the following year. Eggers has ...
Title:Mcsweeney's Issue 14Format:PaperbackDimensions:306 pages, 9.5 × 6.5 × 0.78 inPublished:September 27, 2004Publisher:McSweeney'sLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1932416129

ISBN - 13:9781932416121

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews