This book presents in an easy-to-read format a summary of the important central aspects of microbial glycobiology, i.e. the study of carbohydrates as related to the biology of microorganisms. Microbial glycobiology represents a multidisciplinary and emerging area with implications for a range of basic and applied research fields, as well as having industrial, medical and biotechnological implications.
Key Features and Benefits
* Individual chapters provided by leading international scientists in the field yield insightful, concise and stimulating reviews.
- Provides researchers with an overview and synthesis of the latest research
* Each chapter begins with a brief 200 word Summary/Abstract detailing the topic and focus of the chapter, as well as the concepts to be addressed.
- Allows researchers to see at a glance what each chapter will cover
* Each chapter includes a Research Focus Box
- Identifies important problems that still need to be solved and areas that require further investigation