Pricing and Purchase Info

$9.99

Earn 50 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

It was a time of crisis, a time of tragedy--and a time of transcendent courage and determination.  Leon Uris's blazing novel is set in the midst of the ghetto uprising that defied Nazi tyranny, as the Jews of Warsaw boldly met Wehrmacht tanks with homemade weapons and bare fists.  Here, painted on a canvas as broad as its subject matter, is the compelling of one of the most heroic struggles of modern times.
An internationally acclaimed novelist for over 30 years, Leon Uris was the author of Battle Cry, The Angry Hills, Exodus, Mila 18, Armageddon, Topas QB VII, Trinity, The Haj, Mitla Pass, and Redemption, and two highly praised works of nonfiction in collaboration with his wife, Ireland: A Terrible Beauty and Jerusalem: Song of Songs. He...
Title:Mila 18Format:Mass Market PaperbackDimensions:576 pages, 6.86 × 4.17 × 0.98 inPublished:November 1, 1983Publisher:Random House Publishing Group

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0553241605

ISBN - 13:9780553241600

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love it so I've been rereading all of Uris's works and this one is classic WW11. Do not skip this book if you are a Uris fan.
Date published: 2017-09-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Really Good I had to read this book for my grade 11 University English course and it was just a phenomenal book. I really enjoyed reading about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising and could not believe the horrific tragedies that were all throughout the book and especially with the in depth explanations of the dogs that the boys had to kill and the death camps. Anyways I won't give the rest away and I will just say such an amazing book! I was glad that I chose to read this book for my english class!
Date published: 2005-12-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Mila 18 A haunting tale of death and torment as seen through the eyes of people in the Warsaw ghetto. Uris shows the ultimate test of human endurance, as well as the extremities of pain and suffering. These people are a testament to the only Jewish revolt against the Nazis. Their actions changed the world's perception of the war, and are documented here, although in fiction, with astounding accuracy.
Date published: 1999-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Mila 18 A fantastic account of the Warsaw Jewish ghetto uprising. Although it is historical fiction, Uris creates his story around solid historical facts. Anyone interested in WWII, and particularly this incident, would enjoy this book. Uris shows how different sects of Jews understand and deal with the Holocaust, and the unity achieved as they set aside religious, political and ideological views to stand together.
Date published: 1999-03-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Mila 18 A fantastic account of the Warsaw Jewish ghetto uprising. Although it is historical fiction, Uris creates his story around solid historical facts. Anyone interested in WWII, and particularly this incident, would enjoy this book. Uris shows how different sects of Jews understand and deal with the Holocaust, and the unity achieved as they set aside religious, political and ideological views to stand together.
Date published: 1998-12-15

Editorial Reviews

"Not only authentic as history . . . .  It is convincing as fiction . . . .  The story of a sacrifice that had real meaning and will forever be remembered . . . .  A fine and important novel." -- The New York Times