Ministering Children Library (volume 3)

Paperback | February 3, 2012

byMaria Louisa Charlesworth

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1871. Excerpt: ... subject from her mind. She had trained her little son in self-control; he had tried his best and gained the victory in many a hard struggle; but now she was not by, he had lost himself, and perhaps would lose heart in fresh efforts for the future! Not so, Lady Gertrude! when we learn by our falls to take faster hold of the Hand that leads us, and not to set one step without that fostering care. Yet the occasion was sad, and the trouble not new; and she, who seldom wept now, was giving it her tears, when a voice behind her said, " Gerty, my own darling, in tears!" and smiling through them, as knowing he would chide her for failing spirits in the strife, she looked up to the face of her husband--that fine expressive face, where courage, gentleness, and tenderness had all made a home. "What is it?" he asked, as he knelt by her side. Lady Gertrude told the story of Alfred and Mrs. Brame, and then her fear that she had made a mistake in yielding to the entreaties of her old nurse to allow her to come as an inmate of the house. She had heard it said, " 01/1 servants were seldom peacemakers in a house," and she began to fear it was true; for Brame was far more ready to complain of the faults of others, than to try her best to improve them. Herbert listened to all, and his own boyhood's trouble rose up in remembrance, as it had done countless times in his life, with a breathing of assurance and blessing. And he said, "A disappointment does not prove we have made a mistake--does it? It may be only to try our perseverance in the way, and the very disappointment and trial may be the right means to success in the end. When I have an object in view, and get hold of some disappointment or trouble in the way, I am ready to think then I must be all right for the end. 'Th...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1871. Excerpt: ... subject from her mind. She had trained her little son in self-control; he had tried his best and gained the victory in many a ...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:60 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.12 inPublished:February 3, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217517897

ISBN - 13:9780217517898

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Ministering Children Library (volume 3)

Reviews