Earn 75 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Monsters in mini-skirts!

Monsters-they're real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood-not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act," these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they're trying.
When a hapless human teenager named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a "volunteer" into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu's job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what's a full-blooded teenage human with raging hormones to do?!

OKAYADO is a Japanese manga artist and author who is best known for Monster Musume.
Title:Monster Musume Vol. 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:192 pages, 7.24 × 4.6 × 0.61 inPublished:October 15, 2013Publisher:Seven Seas PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1937867900

ISBN - 13:9781937867904

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from If you love big boobed monster girls read this This book helped me realize I am bisexual. A really fun yet sexy story. You will have fun getting to know all the different monster girls. Have fun!
Date published: 2018-05-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from It was good. I enjoyed this manga a lot. There is a lot of comedy and if you have ever seen the anime, the anime follows this to a T. If you enjoy the fan service kind of genre, you will enjoy this too. P.S. !!!WARNING!!! Keep it away from everyone. !!!WARNING!!! XD
Date published: 2017-09-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I love this I found this hidden gem completely by accident and i have never been happier to find anything else. This is a great buy for anyone who loves monster girls and the harem genre. The book has its own humor and great fan service. The story needs a little work but it is nothing that can be overlooked. I would always recommend this book if your looking for ecchi monster girl fun. No other monster girl series comes close to what Okayado has created here. If you want to sit back and enjoy some monster girl fan service then this is the book for you.
Date published: 2017-03-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Don't be fooled and don't fool yourself. I absolutely love this series. It's shameless in what it promotes and it's almost insulting how Okayado tries to create a story a top of it and yet... it works. It's not supposed to be "intellectual" by any means and while many see that as a cop out, when you stop and think about the manga, and subsequent anime, are about; you quickly realise that one must readjust their expectations. Our hero is basically a reflection of much of the fan base in two ways, working class and single. This genre will obviously attract a pervy element, and... well... that's kinda the point. Our hero is trying to live his life and balance it with the world of monsters that now exists. He's a young man who has urges and thoughts like anyone else does but he restrains himself and if you replace the monster girls with real women, many of these situations are entirely plausible, even likely to happen in someone's day-to-day life. Now, I'm speculating here but I wager that Okayado lured his readers in with the bosomy monster girls and the exploits that they find themselves in as the hook but then slowly eases in a 'respect for their humanity' (for want of a better word). He reminds the reader that these women are still living thigns that feel and have dreams etc. The intimate moments of bathing or cooking show that they aren't just a pair of boobs. It's not a new theme to explore but it is one that get's forgotten rather easily in our hyper-sexualised culture. It underscores the reality that our consumption of sex causes many to forego the other's humanity for mere pleasure. It hit home with me because I honestly bought this because of the anime bewbs but soon got lost in the story (which, I won't lie, needs to be improved) and the characters (which, again, need to be improved and have more depth to them). It's simple and cute; yet mature and beautiful. It's pure indulgence on a "literary" scale, much the same as just having a Mars bar that you buy in passing.
Date published: 2017-02-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Even in this genre, you can do better I have a high tolerance for raunchy comedy manga, so I decided to give Monster Musume a chance. It quickly demonstrated to me that there isn't any substance to it and didn't come close to holding my attention. Even in the obscure sub genre of monster girl harem manga, there are much better options.
Date published: 2017-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Not For Kids While this manga opens up with an interesting plot of monster girls being real and transferring into our society and learning to adapt with humans and the other way around. It quickly turns into an extremely perverted manga but still manages to keep the readers following with the "Which one will he choose to marry" concept.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good read for monster girl fans everywhere. Monster Musume is a great read for anyone who is interested in the harem manga genre. The series itself is very fun and quite comedical in many ways. One of the main things that drives this manga is it's diverse and interesting characters which features monsters girls from RPGs showing them in a funny and of course sexy manner. Personally I read the series and got every book, and I was not disappointed by any of them. From the humor to the ecchi scenes. Once again this is simply a great book for anyone interested int he harem manga genre which means it might not be for everyone. Also recently an anime adaptation has came out for this manga. There is no doubt I'll keep an eye out for that and Okayado's works.
Date published: 2015-08-20