Pricing and Purchase Info

$64.75 online 
$68.50 list price
Earn 324 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

This book lets you master C++ 2008 as quickly and easily as possible by using all the time- and work-saving features of Visual Studio 2008. That's true whether you're a Java developer who wants to learn C++, a C# or Visual Basic developer who wants to master another .NET language, a C++ developer who wants to move into .NET, or a programming novice who's starting from scratch.

When you're done, you'll know how to use C++ 2008 to create bulletproof applications like the best professionals do. You'll know how to develop object-oriented applications using business classes, inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, and generics the way they're used in the real world. You'll know how to compile, run, and enhance legacy C and native C++ code on the .NET platform. You'll be prepared to learn more about native C++ if you should ever need to do that. And you'll have another set of skills that will make you more valuable on the job.

Title:Murach's C++ 2008Format:PaperbackDimensions:8.75 × 6.35 × 0.68 inPublished:October 21, 2009Publisher:Mike Murach & Associates IncLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1890774545

ISBN - 13:9781890774547

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best programming book I've read in ages! Never have I found such a helpful book to learn to program as Murach's C++ 2008. The format of the book was refreshing and the approach to learning with instruction on the left page and figures with relevant real world examples on the right. The books was well laid out to take somebody who is new to programming as a whole to help them learn how to write robust, bullet proof code using object-oriented principles that the industry expects today. Murach's C++ 2008 guides the reader on their journey to learning object-oriented programming concepts that can be applied to applications that they will develop. The examples and exercises in the book are not trivial examples that I have found in many books over the years. They are examples taken from the real world of business programming. The book builds chapter after chapter, introducing important new concepts in each chapter and ending with a chapter on using legacy C and C++ with C++ 2008 applications. It Starts with the installing Visual Studio 2008, or Visual C++ Express 2008, and continues on to lead the reader to be able to solve real world problems using C++ 2008. It shows how to write applications that separate the user interface from the business logic of the application and how the application interacts with databases. I wish I had a book like Murach's C++ 2008 when I was in school in the early 1990s. It helps to reduce the learning curve required to learn a new programming language.
Date published: 2009-12-04