One day, lonely cubicle dweller and otherwise bored New York City transplant Hannah Hart decided to make a fake cooking show for a friend back home in California. She opened her laptop, pulled out some bread and cheese, and then, as one does, started drinking. The video was called "Butter Yo Sh*t" and online sensationMy Drunk Kitchenwas born.
My Drunk Kitchen(the book!) includes recipes, stories, color photographs, and tips and tricks to inspire your own adventures in tipsy cooking. Hannah offers cocktail recommendations, culinary advice (like, remember to turn off the oven when you go to bed), and shares never-before-seen recipes such as:
- The Hartwich (Knowledge is ingenuity! Learn from the past!)
- Can Bake (Inventing things is hard! You don't have to start from scratch!)
- Latke Shotkes (Plan ahead to avoid a night of dread!)
- Tiny Sandwiches (Size doesn't matter! Aim to satisfy.)
- Saltine Nachos (It's not about resources! It's about being resourceful.)
In the end,My Drunk Kitchenmay not be your go-to guide for your next dinner party . . . but it will make you laugh and drink . . . I meanthink. . . about life.