Ship to an address
Pre-order online.Free shipping on orders over $35
Pick up in store
To see if pickup is available,
Find In Store
Not sold in stores
Prices and offers may vary in store

about

From the best-selling author of Star of the Sea, a WWII-era “great escape” novel set in the Vatican

September 1943: German forces occupy Rome. Gestapo boss Obersturmbannführer Paul Hauptmann rules with terror. Hunger is widespread. Rumors fester. The war’s outcome is far from certain.

Diplomats, refugees, and escaped Allied prisoners flee for protection into Vatican City, at one fifth of a square mile the world’s smallest state, a neutral, independent country within Rome. A small band of unlikely friends led by a courageous Irish priest is drawn into deadly danger as they seek to help those seeking refuge.

Book 1 in the Rome Escape Line Trilogy, My Father’s House is a powerful, heartbreaking literary thriller based on the true story of Monsignor Hugh O’Flaherty, who risked his life to smuggle thousands of Jews and escaped Allied prisoners out of Italy under the nose of his Nazi nemesis. A deadly high-stakes battle of wits ensues in this astonishing, unforgettable story of love, faith and sacrifice, exploring what it means to be truly human in the most extreme circumstances.

Joseph O'Connor's Shadowplay was named Novel of the Year at the 2019 Irish Book Awards and was a finalist for the prestigious Costa Book Award. His novel Star of the Sea was published in thirty-eight languages and won France's Prix Millepages, Italy's Premio Acerbi, the Irish Post Award for Fiction, the Nielsen Bookscan Golden Book A...
Title:My Father's House: Book 1 of the Rome Escape Line Trilogy
Format:Hardcover
Product dimensions:440 pages, 8.25 X 5.25 X 1 in
Shipping dimensions:440 pages, 8.25 X 5.25 X 1 in
Published:February 10, 2023
Publisher:Europa Editions
Language:English
Appropriate for ages:All ages
ISBN - 13:9781609458355

Recently Viewed
|