320 pages, 9.02 × 6.06 × 0.67 in
December 1, 2007
Oxford University Press
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0195551494
ISBN - 13: 9780195551495
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to New Media
2. Twenty Key New Media Concepts
3. Approaches to New Media
4. Ten Key Contemporary New Media Theorists
5. Social Newtowrking Media
6. Participatory Media Cultures
7. Participatory Media Cultures
8. Citizen Journalism
9. Creative Industries
10. The Global Knowledge Economy
11. Internet Law, Policy, and Governance
From the Publisher
Terry Flew's New Media: An Introduction combines a comprehensive overview of theories of new media with contemporary case studies.
Based on an historic understanding of new media developments, the book explores the role of new media in an globally networked society. It examines the social, political and economic impact of new technologies on creativity, industry and culture from a cross-disciplinary perspective.
About the Author
Terry Flew is an Associate Professor in the Creative Industries Faculty at Queensland University of Technology in Australia.