Kobo ebook | September 18, 2016

Pricing and Purchase Info

$7.25

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

*** THIS IS A RERELEASE OF A PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED BOOK ***

Dana is visiting Homeland when she meets a New Species who tugs at her heartstrings. As a widow, she knows firsthand the pain he’s suffering after losing his mate.

Mourn isn’t so certain that talking to a human female will help him heal but he desires her. It’s possible she could become his new reason for living.

Candi lost the male she loved, but never forgot him. New Species are her only hope to seek revenge for 927’s death.

A human female claiming to have been reared at Mercile has demanded entry to Homeland. Hero rushes to Medical and comes face-to-face with his past. One look at Candi and the life he’s built since gaining freedom comes crashing down around him.

Title:Numbers: New Species, #14Format:Kobo ebookPublished:September 18, 2016Publisher:Laurann DohnerLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1944526641

ISBN - 13:9781944526641

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from "Numbers" by Laurann Dohner. Book 14 & 15 in the New Species series. So obviously there are two stories in this book. Both are novellas but longer than your average novella. Each story focuses specifically on one couple. <b>140</b> - Book 14 - <i>4 stars</i> This story was really heartfelt. Mourn is a feline New Species and Dana is a human female. Both have lost love ones. Dana lost her husband to cancer two years ago. Mourn lost his mate almost a year ago because of experimental drugs given to her while they were both prisoners at Mercile Industries. Mourn is in a downward spiral, not being able to cope with the loss of his mate. When Dana visits her brother at Homeland, she meets Mourn and decides to talk to him. They've both been through the same heartache and she thinks that maybe she can help him. She never expected for them to start to have feelings for each other. This story really tugs at your heartstrings. Two people coming together to get over such a sad time in their lives. Grieving together brings them closer to each other. Really a beautiful story. As always in a New Species book, the chemistry between Mourn and Dana is off the charts. The whole story flowed really well and had very good pacing. I really enjoyed this one. <b>927</b> - Book 15 - <i>4 stars</i> I really enjoyed this story about New Species canine Hero (927) and a human woman named Candi. Their story is really quite heartbreaking. I don't want to go into to many details, but this story was very different from all the others, in that Hero and Candi know each other from when they were young. Candi was raised with Hero (927 at the time) as part of an experiment on how a New Species would act with a human child. As they grew older, their relationship grew as well. When a tragic situation arises (I can't say what or I'll ruin the story), they are separated, each thinking the other is dead. Years later, Candi is able to make her way to Homeland. She wants them to help her avenge 927. When she finds out he's alive and well at Homeland, she wants their relationship to be like it was when they were young. But 927, now called Hero, can't forget what happened in that tragic situation. He's not sure if he can put his heart on the line again for her. This story was so well written. The transitions from past scenes to present scenes are very well done. The background given between the two characters makes their relationship all the more intense and heartbreaking. To see Hero and Candi trying to rekindle their relationship is really heartwarming. <b>OVERALL REVIEW</b> I really enjoyed these two stories. Different from all the other books. There are no real "bad guys" in these stories. It's more of a showing of how life is for New Species living in freedom and dealing with their pasts. I can't wait to read the next one. So many characters are mentioned that I want to read about.
Date published: 2017-01-17