Can an apple a day really keep the doctor way?
Did you know that three slices of bread and butter provide enough energy for a brisk six mile walk?
Nutrition and Health is an easy-to-read introduction to the role of the human diet in maintaining a healthy body and preventing disease. Wiseman provides a concise overview of all important aspects of diet and health including:
* definitions of food types
* energy requirements, exercise, obesity and eating disorders
* nutrition in pregnancy, children and the elderly
* food additives and interpreting food labels
* food-borne illness, intolerance and allergy
* vitamins, minerals, and water requirements
Highlighted with key points, figures and examples throughout, this text is an ideal introduction for all students of biology, medicine, nursing and midwifery.