Volume IVA is devoted to progress in optical component research and development. Topics include design of optical fiber for a variety of applications, plus new materials for fiber amplifiers, modulators, optical switches, light wave devices, lasers, and high bit-rate electronics. This volume is an excellent companion toOptical Fiber Telecommunications IVB: Systems and Impairments(March 2002, ISBN: 0-12-3951739).
- Fourth in a respected and comprehensive series
- Authoritative authors from a range of organizations
- Suitable for active lightwave R&D designers, developers, purchasers, operators, students, and analysts
- Lightwave components reviewed in Volume A
-Lightwave systems and impairments reviewed in Volume B
- Up-to-the minute coverage