* telecom managers
* datacom managers with voice responsibilities
* Call Center managers
* VoIP implementers
* network integrators
* product and service developers
* industry analysts
"Clear and precise analysis and discussion of PBX system design and capabilities. Allan Sulkin has a unique ability to explain complex systems in easily understandable terms." -- Joe Licata, President, Siemens Enterprise Networks
"A welcome addition to the bookshelf for anyone interested in the evolving IP-PBX system. Voice and data communications managers alike will greatly benefit from this text." -- Michael Thurk, Avaya, Group Vice President - Systems
"Allan Sulkin's solid expertise and critical insight has been a valuable resource for the telecommunications community for over 20 years. He is uniquely qualified to articulate the very complex subject of PBX and IP telephony." -- Kanji Suzuki, former EVP of NEC America and current president and CEO of NEC Infrontia, Inc.
The most efficient (and economical) ways to bring enterprise communication systems into the Digital Age are in this guide, written by the foremost analyst in the markret space. In PBX Systems for IP Telephony, Allan Sulkin--consultant and advisor to Avaya, Siemens, Cisco, NEC, Alcatel and other world-class companies--evaluates technologies, markets, and best practices for enterprise voice systems, messaging, and customer contact centers.
The heart and brains of your communications network, the PBX (Private Branch Exchange) can be the vital link--or the missing link--that interfaces businesses and their customers. This guide, from the recognized expert in telephony systems, provides answers. Whether you need to IP-enable a PBX system for a small business, make complex choices for the advanced call center, or gain the expertise to integrate a variety of communication systems into a state-of-the-art foundation for your e-business vision, PBX Systems for IP Telephony should be your first choice. Here's why:
* No one knows PBX systems and markets better than the author, and no one is better at explaining them
* This comprehensive resource supplies nuts-and-bolts information on costs, performance, risks, and other real-world considerations difficult to research
* You get insights into the potential strengths and weaknesses of next-generation PBX systems
* You'll consult the consultant to the system designers for practical advice on systems that fit your needs and your future
* There's no more business-aware or user-friendly guide anywhere to converging your voice systems with your IP-based data systems
When it comes to the PBX, the question often seems to be "Who's job is it anyway?" With this guidebook, you'll be ready to take the responsibility--and get the credit.