The only book devoted to this increasingly important issue, Perioperative Safety helps you reduce risk in a setting where even small errors can lead to life-threatening complications. Expert author Donna Watson addresses essential safety principles and concepts, covering patient safety with topics such as the latest safety strategies and initiatives, perioperative safe medication use, preventing infections, anesthesia safety, normothermia management, and electrosurgery. Coverage of staff and workplace safety helps you minimize risk with bloodborne pathogens, latex allergy, the use of lasers, and radiation exposure. Case studies show the application of safety concepts in real-world situations.
- Unique! The only book devoted to the increasingly important issue of perioperative safety, where small errors can lead to life-threatening complications.
- Unique! Highly qualified writers are some of the leading experts in the perioperative field, so material is up to date and emphasizes the most important information.
- Unique! Clinical Points boxes call attention to key points in promoting safety for both patients and staff in the perioperative setting.
- Unique! Case studies describe real-life scenarios related to promoting patient safety.
- Figures and tables are used to support important content.