A Complete Phonics and Word Study Curriculum for each of the primary grades With 100 minilessons for each of the three grade levels, you can use the month-by-month planning guide, the assessment checklists, and the lesson selection map to choose the lessons that align with your student's needs and the Word Study Continuum.
The Continuum encompasses nine scientific categories of learning:
· Early Literacy Concepts
· High-Frequency Words
· Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
· Spelling Patterns
· Letter Knowledge
· Word Structure
· Letter/Sound Relationships
· Word-Solving Actions
· Word Meaning
Each 4-page lesson includes:
1. Professional Understandings
Explanations of underlying principles research, and suggestions for working with English Language Learners.
2. 3-part Lesson plan
· Teach Step by step instructions for implementing the lesson
· Apply Application activities and routines for teaching them
· Share Guidelines for reinforcing principles and helping children share their learning
Assessment links to literacy framework, extensions, and home connections.