Paperback | October 12, 2012

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Earn 140 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1807 edition. Excerpt: ...Hadst thou but known how open was my ear To listen to the faintest prayer of love Urged by thy lips; how open were these arms To clasp thee to this breast; how my heart leaped With ardent hope one day to feel thine beat With mutual throb!--May be he yet does live. O, if he lives, feigning henceforth begone. Perhaps he feigns, and I am but the step--What if he loves the Queen--And sometimes I have thought her Highness' voice Was softer toned to him than other men. Enter Douglas, and kneels. Doug. Feign! no! Adel. God!--Falling, Douglas supports her. Douglas! no! Douglas thou art not: None of that name was ever treacherous found; No Douglas ever would have lain in wait To hear the ravings of a simple maid. Doug. Hear me, fair Adelaide! dear lad v, hear me! VOL. II. I I did not lie in wait with the design To hear your words. When I had hither come, I knew not who inhabited this place, Or friend or foe; wherefore I thought it best To take the advantage of the woodland shelter, Until I learned whether it would be safe To come more near. Just then I heard a voice, Of which, although I oft had heard the tones, Its music was so new to me, I thought it could not be but that I dreamed, Till by degrees I waked indeed to bliss. Add. But Douglas, Douglas, say you heard me not; The Cluden's rushing roar was all so loud, You could not hear. Doug. Some words indeed I lost: But did you not my name reiterate In such a voice as told you loved the sound? Did you not say Do not I see that blush? Adel. I'll hide it, Douglas, in thy arms. But you are wounded? Doug. No, I escaped unhurt, To be (how little did I think) most blest. Add. And how did you escape--O Douglas, how? Doug. While thus you speak--I cannot think of what--Of what is past; the present...
Title:Poems Volume 2Format:PaperbackDimensions:54 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.11 inPublished:October 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217783899

ISBN - 13:9780217783897

Reviews